Friday, March 14, 2014

When your eyes are bigger than your stomach.


We've all been there. You're trying to eat healthy, you're following a set meal plan, and when you've finally got the food made and sat yourself down at the table, you look down at your plate and realize how little food you've got sitting there. Wow, you think, there is no way this is going to be enough food for me. How on earth is this going to satisfy my hunger? Well, that's what I thought this morning as I looked at my breakfast of two egg whites on one piece of un-buttered whole-wheat toast. Oh, and there was also a small orange that replaces the grapefruit I was supposed to have.



So as I'm looking down at what looks like a completely un-satisfying meal, I think to myself, Know what? If this doesn't fill you up, there's a snack in 90 minutes. Just eat it, drink your giant plastic cup of water, and you'll be all right. After six full days of being on this eating schedule, I know that while the food portion may seem small, the giant drink of water helps you feel full and non-deprived. And you know what? I was shown again that what my eyes see, and what actually fills my stomach, are two different things.


It may be a little daunting to face a small breakfast and wonder how you'll get through the day. It totally was for me for the first couple days. But the Shred "diet" is all about retraining your body. Truthfully, after I ate the egg whites on the piece of toast, the orange, and drank the water, my belly was comfortably satisfied. And I didn't feel deprived.

And you know what? My snack is now five minutes away as I'm writing this post. :) And I'm not even that hungry yet. I'm actually feeling very satisfied from breakfast. :)

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment