Thursday, March 13, 2014

Me :)


I am bad at blogging. It's not my strong suit. But I think I need to, for myself mostly, and maybe for others. 


Hello world :)

My name is Alexandra French, I am 27 years old, and I am addicted to food. I love deep dish four cheese pizza, salt and vinegar potato chips, ice cream, cake doughnuts, super sour warheads, and Dr. Pepper. When I am happy, I eat. When I get down about something I can't control, I eat. You get the idea. Food has ruled over me for almost four years. 

Rewind back to the year 2009. I was a size 6, the smallest pant size I've EVER worn in my entire life. I was 22 years old, a junior at Brigham Young University-Idaho. I was also single, until the last three months of that year. Back then, I had my body under my control. I exercised 6/7 days of the week, for about half an hour starting at 6 am. I drank Slim Fast for breakfast and counted calories. I was super happy about the way I looked and I felt great. 




I met my soon-to-be husband, Ben in October 2009. We married six months later in April 2010, and in June, I found out I was pregnant. And that was when I stopped caring about what I ate, oddly enough. For the first three months, I was sick every day, so I ate whatever I could keep down. The last six months I was in the habit of just eating whatever, so we ate out A LOT during this time. And I gained 50 lbs during my pregnancy. 



After I gave birth to my daughter Alice, I lost 30 lbs in a matter of a few weeks. But I retained about 20 lbs. But it wasn't the weight that worried me. It was my bad eating habits. All my good ones were gone, replaced with impulses to eat entire boxes of tacos, whole pizzas, and 3 liters of Dr. Pepper in one sitting. Over two years, I gained 90 more lbs. 




My daughter just turned three in February, and I am 100 lbs more than I weighed on my wedding day. :( My bad eating habits have brought me here, and I am done feeling tired, sick, and out of control with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment